Latency, lag, or remote desktop client slowness
Occasionally, you'll run into major server lag and latency when trying to access remote desktop on certain servers. There are several potential causes of this issue. One cause of this is bad LAN drivers or graphics drivers. The first recommendation is to update your drivers to the latest version.
If driver updates don't solve the problem, here are several other potential fixes:
- Open a command prompt as Administrator
- Run this command:
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
If you need to turn AutoTuning back on, run this command to re-enable it:
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
Disable TCP Large Send Offload
- Open Device Manager on the server
- Find your network adapter in the tree
- Go to the Properties dialog, Advanced tab
- Select the property called Large Send Offload (IPv4)
- Change the Value dropdown to "Disabled"
- Click OK